The Fédération Cynologique Internationale
was created on May 22nd, 1911
with the aim to promote and protect cynology and purebred dogs by any means it considers
The founding nations of the FCI are as follows:
* Germany (Kartell für das Deutsche Hundewesen en und Die Delegierten Kommission)
* Austria (Osterreichischer Kynologenverband)
* Belgium (Société Royale Saint-Hubert)
* France (Société Centrale Canine de France)
* Netherlands (Raad van Beheer op Kynologisch Gebied in Nederland)
The Federation disappeared due to the first World War and in 1921
, the Société
Centrale Canine de France and the Société Royale Saint-Hubert re-created it.
The new articles of association were adopted on April 10th, 1921
and on March
, the FCI got the legal personality by decree.